Frontier Water is seeking a dynamical and talented individual to support our engineering, design, and fabrication teams as a Project Engineer. Project Engineers play a diverse role and are involved in many phases of a project, from sales to equipment installation and commissioning. Principle duties include, but are not limited to:
- Generate and/or review engineering deliverables such as piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), equipment lists, mechanical drawing packages, mass balances etc.
- Perform in-person equipment inspections to ensure QA/QC compliance during multiple phases of equipment fabrication and assembly
- Assist and direct shop personnel on equipment fabrication and assembly in accordance to design specifications and QA/QC protocols
- Manage supply chain, equipment database, and assist with equipment procurement
- Collaborate with the Senior Engineers in project design development and review
- Interface with customers, vendors, and outside engineering consultants throughout phases of a project
- Work according to project schedule ensuring engineering deliverables meet quality requirements within budget
- Coordinate between various engineering disciplines to ensure the design is in compliance with customer supplied plans and specifications
- Assist in commissioning of full-scale equipment
- Assistance with R&D initiatives, including prototype design
Requirements and Expectations
The ideal candidate will be willing to work in an office and shop environment at Frontier Water’s headquarters in San Diego, CA. Frequent local travel and occasional long-distance travel for 1-2 week durations throughout North American may be required. The successful candidate must also be comfortable working independently and safely in the inspection and commissioning of large-scale equipment.
Required skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- Proficient in programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, BlueBeam Studio
- Ability to read and/or generate technical drawings including P&ID, PFD, electrical drawings, ISA symbols, mechanical layout drawings
- Versed in equipment, piping, and electrical component terminology
- Hands on experience with water treatment, piping, and electrical equipment is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must identify as a self-starter while also working very well on a team.
Please apply by sending resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com