Frontier Water is seeking a dynamic and talented individual to support our engineering, design, and fabrication teams as an Electrical Engineer. Electrical Engineers play a diverse role and are involved in many phases of a project, from conception to completion. Principle duties include, but are not limited to:
- Generate and/or review engineering deliverables such as electrical packages, single line diagrams, wiring schematics, interconnection diagrams, control logic sequence charts, Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), etc.
- Perform on site equipment testing to ensure QA/QC compliance during multiple phases of equipment fabrication and assembly.
- Assist in the management and support of shop personnel in the fabrication and integration of electrical, instrumentation, and control systems in accordance with industry standards and FWS QA/QC policies.
- Manage supply chain, equipment database, and assist with equipment procurement.
- Collaborate with the Senior Engineers in project design development and review.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and engineering consultants throughout the project life cycle.
- Assist in developing project schedules and ensure engineering deliverables meet schedule and quality requirements
- Coordinate between various engineering disciplines to ensure the design is in compliance with customer supplied plans and specifications.
- Assist in commissioning of electrical, instrumentation, and control equipment.
- Assist with procurement, engineering, design, and production as related to R&D initiatives and prototype development.
Requirements and Expectations
The ideal candidate will be willing to work in an office and shop environment at Frontier Water’s headquarters in San Diego, CA. Frequent local travel and occasional long-distance travel for 1-2 week durations throughout North America may be required. The successful candidate must also be comfortable working independently and safely in the inspection and commissioning of large-scale electrical, instrumentation, and control equipment.
Required skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- 0-2 years’ experience preferred
- Proficient in programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, BlueBeam Studio.
- Ability to interpret and/or generate technical drawings including P&ID, electrical drawings, ISA symbols, control philosophy.
- Hands on experience with water treatment instrumentation and electrical equipment is a plus.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must identify as a self-starter while also working very well on a team.
- Candidate will work to obtain UL 508A Manufacturer Technical Representative (MTR) Certification within one year of employment
Please apply by sending resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com