The Production Manager is charged with the overall management of the in-house fabrication of custom designed, high-value wastewater treatment process equipment. Duties include:
- Hands on experience TIG welding carbon and stainless steels (AWS D1.1 Certificate)
- Safely operate shop equipment such as band saws, iron workers, and drill presses
- Ensure compliance with government regulations in the workplace including labor regulations, OSHA and maintain safety policy and procedures
- Oversee start-up of new manufacturing processes or product lines to ensure quality, cost, and delivery targets are met
- Responsible for keeping the work area, machines, and machine tooling inventory clean & organized and monitor basic preventive maintenance of the equipment.
- Hands on leader who is detail oriented, strategic, and can train and develop all machining personnel, while also being responsible for initiating clear directives, drive continual improvement efforts, oversee & monitor quality control, and lead all production planning and supply chain logistics efforts.
- Meet production schedules and maintain cost objectives as defined by customer requirements and management
- Coordinate freight and/or shipping methods for delivery of finished goods project sites
- Work with Director of Product Development on supplier sourcing and negotiations: finding the best and most cost-effective supplier to handle any problem or task that is presented
- Inventory management and control – Ordering and restocking all product ingredients and packaging
- Ensure rigorous and well-documented processes exist and are consistently followed that assure products exceed internal and external quality expectations
- At least 5 years experience in the fabrication of skid mounted process control equipment
- At least 3 years experience in management of shop activities including welding, pipefitting and electrical construction.
- Experience with pipefitting using a variety of materials including HDPE, PVC and stainless steel
- Ability to apply knowledge of advanced manufacturing and inventory management practices
- Ability to direct, plan, organize, assign, review and evaluate the work of reporting team members
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including wearing multiple hats, operating without highly structured processes
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently
- Proven ability managing up and downtime effectively within a shop/fabrication environment
- Demonstrated experience improving operations and key metrics, especially with respect to quality improvement, new product development and commercialization, and cost reduction
Frontier Water Systems offers competitive salary and benefits along with an engaging work environment in a rapidly growing company.
Frontier is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.