Frontier Water is seeking a talented Control Systems Engineer with entry level to three years relevant experience to join our Control Systems Engineering team. This position covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including:
- Define, design, develop, test, and commission PLC-based process control systems
- Conduct commissioning activities on site to support control system implementation
- Implement and administer PI historian data as new projects go live
- Provide remote support as needed
- Identify technologies to be used for future applications and extensions of current architecture
- Electrical design
Requirements and Expectations
Successful candidates must possess outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, the ambition and ability to work independently, have strong communication skills and excellent conflict resolution skills. Ideal requirements include:
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Mechanical)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without Visa sponsorship
- Excellent English written and spoken communication language skills
- Previous work, internship, or co-op experience is a plus
- Ability to understand piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and variable frequency drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred.
- Develop specifications of all instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with project specifications or FWS standards
- Familiar with MS Operating Systems (Win 7, 10, Server 2012 R2)
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Familiar with network administration
- Valid Driver’s License
- Availability to travel for up to two weeks at a time
Frontier Water Systems offers competitive salary and benefits package along with an engaging work environment in a rapidly growing company.
Frontier is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.